Druckansicht der Internetadresse:

Bayreuth-Melbourne Colloid/Polymer Network

Print page

Visa information

For applicants from Germany to Australia:

Each individual must obtain a visa prior to entering Australia. Please take into account the specific circumstances of your planned stay to find your best visa option. All visa options can be found on the AU immigration website:

For further help you can find the AU Immigration Service locations on the page linked below:

Please note that VISA regulations change on a regular basis and need to be checked and verified with the Australian Department of Immigration and/or their local representatives.

For more information, please contact the project coordinator at the respective host institution.

For applicants from Australia to Germany:

Foreigners usually require a visa for entry to Germany.

The following groups do not require a visa to enter Germany and only need to present valid travel documents (generally in the form of a passport):

  • EU citizens
  • Citizens of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA)
  • Family members (spouses, minors, and unmarried children) of EU and EAA citizens from countries outside the EU and EAA, as long as they have a valid residence permit in another EU or EAA country
  • Swiss citizens
  • Citizens of Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, and the USA
  • Researchers from the Schengen Area, or researchers who are carrying out their research activities in Germany for no more than 3 months within a 12-month period.

Types of visas

  • Schengen (i.e. European) visa for short stays of up to 3 months
  • national (i.e. German) visa for stays that are longer than 3 months

International visiting scholars who will be staying in Germany for more than 3 months must obtain a national visa prior to entering Germany. They will be required to submit the following:

  • evidence of an employment offer,
  • evidence that one is able to cover his or her costs of living, e.g. by submitting a letter of award for a scholarship or an employment contract
  • the required health insurance coverage.

Visas issued for research stays are generally valid for 3 months. The visa can then be extended to a residence permit to accommodate a longer stay.

For further details, please see the DAAD’s Information on Entry and Residence or visit the following website: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/visabestimmungen-node

For help please contact the Welcome Services (welcome@uni-bayreuth.de) for further information on visa.

Webmaster: Sylvia Sprödhuber

Facebook Twitter Youtube-Kanal Instagram Blog UBT-A Contact